Old Outlook for Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013
- If you have never setup any email accounts yet in Outlook this option will appear Would you like to configure an E-mail account? Just click yes and the screen below will appear.
- Kindly fill-up with your details and Gmail email address with its corresponding password.
- Select Next. Outlook will take a minute to obtain the settings from Gmail and test the connection. You should see something like this:
- If all information’s are correct then it should be successfully configured then click Finish.
NOTE: If by any chance the configuration is not successful then we can manually configure Outlook just follow the instruction below.
- From the Step 1 above select Manual setup or additional server types and then click Next.
- Select POP or IMAP, then select Next.
- Kindly provide the information needed in the account with the following server details.
Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
- Once all needed information in this window is entered, click More Settings then select the Outgoing Server tab and place a check on My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and in the same manner select Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Then select the Advanced tab. Provide the following information on the shown tab.
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL/TLS
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: STARTTLS
Make sure that all items selected in the image is the same on your Outlook. Then click Ok.
- Select OK to close the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box and return to the Add Account dialog. Select Next, Outlook will take a few minutes to test the connection. You should see everything completed successfully.