Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016
These steps are the same whether you’re adding your first Gmail account or additional Gmail accounts to Outlook.
- Select File > Add Account.
- Enter your email address and click Connect.
- Outlook will launch a Gmail window that asks for your password. Enter the password and select Sign in.
Important: Once you connect your Gmail account to Outlook, you may receive a warning message in your Gmail inbox telling you that a new logon from Internet Explorer was detected. This is expected behavior.
- If you have previously enabled 2-factor authentication for Gmail, you’ll be prompted to enter the code sent to your mobile device. If you haven’t enabled 2-factor authentication, skip to step 6.
- The Google account permissions window appears. Click Allow.
- Once Outlook finishes adding your Gmail account, you can add another email account or select Done.